Gole Market may not be the posh Hazratganj or the upcoming Patrakarpuram market of Lucknow. But it’s self-contained in more ways than you can imagine. And over the years, it’s pretty much become the jewellery hub of the city. Here’s a look at what else you can find in and around Gole Market:
Home to local shops selling small clothing items to multi-brand showrooms, shops for children’s wear, ethnic wear and even bridal wear, this market has it all. There are saree emporiums, boutiques for customized dresses, shops selling sports wear and gear, brands like Adidas, Bhasin Bros, Manyavar, First Cry. to name a few.
For great Indian clothing for women, visit:
1. Myst Rush, above Lallu Lal Jugal Kishore Jewellers
2. Sakshi Creations, near Sweet Luscious Bakery
3. Polka Dots Couture, in the same lane as Classic Sweets
HOUSEHOLD & LIFESTYLE SHOPS
There are a number of shops that sell household items like plastic ware, cookware, dinnerware, home décor items etc. There are several chemist and pet shops here too.
1. For crockery, cooking utensils and serve-ware, visit Happy Home on the corner of the roundabout.
2. Papoo Store, further down the road, near Gold’s Gym, is your local Kirana store gone the supermarket way. Has just about everything you can think of.
3. Pet Buddies, near Happy Home, is a great place to pick up
4. For toys – big and small, branded and otherwise, drop in at Tiny Tots, which has two stores in the area
If you are looking at getting yourself a new flashy diamond ring or a dainty looking pendant set, then there are many a jeweller options available for you. From local jewellers to big brands, they have all set up shop here. There are more than a dozen small jewellery shops here, that sell anything from silver anklets to diamond sets and everything in between.
1. Among the branded retail chains, you will find Tanishq and Gitanjali, among others
2. Lala Jugal Kishore Jewellers, near Classic Sweets, is a must-visit for the sheer range of designs they have
3. For statement silver jewellery, visit Raabel
Also worth visiting: Mohan Shyam Kalyandas, Lallu Lal Jugal Kishore, BK Saraf, Kashinath Seth… the list is endless.
Home to a number of eateries, Mahanagar has restaurants of almost all types, serving all kind of cuisines.
1. For chaat and Indian food, go to Classic Radhey Sweets and Ritz
2. For coffee in a a swanky new cafe, visit Coffee Culture
3. Choose Cellar for Italian cuisine
4. Chung Fa is very popular for Chinese food
NL Tip: Avoid visiting the market on Wednesdays, when the shops are closed and there are huge crowds thronging the Buddh Bazaar
Timings: 11 am to 8.30 p.m.