Not just fashion & lifestyle, but a heartfelt homage to Indian handicrafts – that’s what Dastkaarii – the exhibition is all about. This time, as they celebrate their 10th show, there’s lots of shopping for visitors with 50+ stalls, but also a host of experiences curated carefully by the organisers for the two-day event on July 23rd & 24th, 2022 at Hotel Regnant, Lucknow.
Shop Indian Handicrafts at Dastkaarii
The exhibition will feature a select range of cotton, silk, linen sarees and block print fabrics as well as designer apparels adorned with Gotapatti, Zari, Zardozi work. Apart from this, hand crafted, hand painted decor items will be a special attraction, while handmade jewellery, silver jewellery, all handicrafts products will also be be available for sale. For the handicraft lovers, the stalls that are a must-see include:
• Rekh, for block printed apparel and household items made by rural women artisans of Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan
• Shop Ajrakh by Yasin Khatri, coming all the way from from Kutch, Gujarat
• Pick up wooden toys from Kashi at Agarwal Toys Emporium
• Check out ‘Leather Puppetry Artisan’ from Andhra Pradesh
• Firoza Moonj craft from Prayagraj
• Shop Chikankari clutches & potlis by Lucknow Fab.
Apart from the shopping, the Artisan Gallery is what we are most excited about. Learn the technique of block printing hands-on at the exhibition. Or try a bit of calligraphy, with a calligraphy artist at the event. Vibing at a different level? Get your tarot cards read by an expert on the spot. To take things up a notch at the exhibition this time, the organisers have roped in Meesha’s Theatre to put up a Nukkad Natak. Take a break from shopping to cheer the young theatre artists who will be putting up an act to create awarenss about mental health. Round up the event with a musical performance by Aayush Sehta! The schedule for these activities are:
• Live Block Printing Demonstrations by Rekh at the Artisan Gallery – All through the day – Both Days
• Live Block Printing Demonstrations by Leather Puppetry Artist at the Artisan Gallery – All through the day – Both Days
• Live Calligraphy Session – All through the day – Both Days
• Tarot Card Readings by – All through the day – Both Days
• 24th July, 4 pm – Nukkad Natak by Meesha’s Theatre
• 24th July, 6 pm Onwards – Live Performance by Aayush Sehta
With so much planned in two-days, you are sure to find enough reasons to head to Dastkaarii this weekend!
Dates: July 23-24, 2022
Timings: 11 am to 9 pm
Location: The Regnant, Nirala Nagar, near Ramkrishna Matth, Lucknow